Sunday, July 8, 2012

Olympic Park

So, as I've mentioned previously, the summer Olympics were held here in 1972.  This is a view of the Olympic Park.  The tall needle building is a restaurant that rotates 360 degrees every hour.  You can also just pay to go up in there and have a beautiful view of the city.  The buildings below are a stadium, an event center, and the olympic swim building.  David, Benjamin and Hunter actually went swimming there yesterday, how cool is that?  I didn't get good pictures, though, because the kids pool was in an area that I couldn't get to without admission--Preston and I strolled around the park instead. (I forgot my swimming suit, or we would have joined in the fun.) 
 There is a hill in the park that you can climb to have a great view.  It's much larger than you can tell in this picture, and was built from WWII rubble.  David challenged Benjamin to run to the top and Hunter to walk all the way and they could have a treat.  They did it!  Anything for a treat, right?
 Love this picture!
 Water balls!  We're going to have to let Benjamin do this before we leave.
 Track that we have fun watching people practice on.  

No comments: