Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We are over a week into our great adventure and having a wonderful time! We flew to Copenhagen, Denmark, a week ago Saturday and spent a week there while David was attending a conference. Now we are in Germany where David will be working for the next 6 weeks. I'm going to start out by posting pictures of the first few days in Copenhagen and keep adding about Denmark.  Eventually I'll get to Germany...

We all started out pretty rested and ready to go!  ...
After an all night flight to Paris and a CRAZY rush to our connecting flight through the VERY crazy Paris airport, AND having a lost suitcase, we weren't quite as fresh.  : )  
Sorry, no pictures.  (okay, not that sorry...)
(Truthfully, the boys did great on the flight and slept for a lot of it.)

We arrived at the home we stayed at on Sunday late afternoon.  It worked out very well.  They had just gotten two new pet rabbits, so as we stayed there that week we had a great time playing with the rabbits.  We slept in on Monday, went to the grocery store and stayed around home to recover.

T
David left early Tuesday morning and the boys and I caught a bus to the downtown area and explored.  : )  Preston was a good sport to hang out in the stroller.  (Well, so was Hunter, but at least he got to get out sometimes and so I have more pictures of him.)
Did you know that the original Christus statue is in Copenhagen?  VERY neat to see that.  The sculptor also made a statue of each of the twelve apostles, the same size.  The Christus is at the front and the apostles line the two sides of this church.  The church is usually open for people to go in and see.

Rosenborg castle was not a very far walk from that church, so we walked around the grounds and got to enjoy the lovely day while I fed Preston.  They were large groups of people from all over on the grounds, and a few Japanese ladies came up and asked me if they could record us while I was feeding Preston.  Funny.  Either we are a real spectacle or my children are exceptionally beautiful.  I go with the second option.  : )
This "headless man" in a suit was trying to get us to come and take a picture with him, but Benjamin and Hunter weren't too sure about him.

My brave explorers.

3 comments:

Jed and Kera said...

I'm so happy you posted! I've been missing all these cute Blunck faces! Keep the posts coming!

jessica said...

Wow! How awesome is this. What an awesome trip for your family! I"m excited to see more pictures and hear more of your adventures!

Katie said...

What?! How is that man headless? I can't figure it out.