Sunday, June 24, 2012

About Denmark...

Let's see, a few things I learned about Denmark.  They have a royal family that is very popular with the people.  Queen Margrethe II has been the Queen since 1972!  She and her husband (married in 1967) have two sons.  They are both married and each have 4 children.  The currency is a krone, worth about 20 cents in US money (I think that's a close estimate).
Children at a bus stop (there is a great public transportation system)--most kids attend day cares from a very early age for much of the time.  Because parents work, but also because of a very strong belief that it is best for the children to have the free play time with lots of other kids.
I love to see the fresh flowers!!!!!
Bikes, bikes bikes!  Everybody rides bikes to get around, and I mean everyone!  People of all ages and even the 8 months pregnant neighbor!  And they bike in all weather.  This is the bike parking outside of the train station.  We saw huge bike shops around the city, too.  They get a kick out of American "recreational" biking.  : )


3 comments:

Danae said...

What a fun adventure!! I love reading about it. Have a great time!!

Jed and Kera said...

Fun! I can't imagine riding a bike right now!!!

Katie said...

That's super cool and way healthy. I wish we were a bike-riding society.