Sunday, October 23, 2011

Our Missionaries

I just read the first "missionary" emails from my mom and dad. I'm so proud of them. They reported to the MTC this past Monday and are heading to serve for 18 months in the Cebu, Philippines Temple. They are just so excited and it just made me smile so big to hear the enthusiasm in their emails.
David's parents have already been serving as mission president and mom in the Lima, Peru North mission for almost a year and a half. They will get back from their mission shortly after my parents. I'll be honest, we miss them. : ) We know how important their work is and we know how greatly they are blessing the missionaries and the people of Peru.
SOOO, as our boys have grandparents around the globe serving the Lord I only have this to say: Their example will have a much greater influence on our boys than any amount of cookies they can bake. : ) Thank you, parents, for EVERY good gift that you are giving to your families through your faithful service. We love you!!!!!!

1 comment:

Christine Merrill said...

Oh! Cebu! How exciting! What a lovely place, I'm so jealous :)